Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MAC Patina Simple Eye

Hello

MAC Patina is described as a taupe brown with golden pearl.  It is a lovely and very subtle color but has such depth that can really hold its own for a beautiful simple eye look.  Today I swiped Patina all over the lid and used just a bit of of embark to deepen the outer corners.


NYX Golden Bronze is similar but is a bit deeper and more olive.


NYX Antique Gold is closer but a bit more yellow gold.


I think either would work beautifully in a similar look.  In fact I have done an Antique Gold look here:


Today's Look:

Eyes
MAC Paintery all over lid space as base
MAC Patina patted all over lid and blended up into crease
MAC Embark lightly on outer edges of eyes and blended out to soften
Ben Nye Toast on brow bone
Physicians Formula liquid liner
Some cheapie green liner on waterline which isn't showing up too well
Benefit Bad Girl Mascara- don't think I like this as my lashes look non existent in these shots... or perhaps I just grew too used to wearing falsies and now feel inadequate without them lol


Face
Illamasqua Skin Base 3.5- purchased this initially on 4.5 but not sure about the color.  They gave me a sample of 3.5 to compare at Sephora and I think I like this better.  4.5 seems lighter and washed me out a bit.
MAC Warm Soul Blush
NYX Taupe to contour

No lipstick but I desperately need some in the full face pic





And... because I got bored... I added some DS 477 from Inglot and UD Graffiti onto the lower lashline and waterline atop the green liner






No comments:

Post a Comment