Saturday, April 27, 2013

Wet N Wild LOTD- Comfort Zone

Hello!

Today's look uses pretty much all drugstore products and is a quick, easy everyday type of look.  All of the shadows pretty much come from one shadow palette- The Comfort Zone palette from Wet N Wild.  All products but the cheek highlight are drugstore. I've long been a fan of WnW shadows, though I find myself reaching for the older Color Icon range more frequently as they include both frosty and matte shadows.  These newer ones have lovely shades, with excellent color payoff, but are lacking the matte shadows that I have become habituated to incorporating into my looks.  Ideally, an eyeshadow palette should include all shadows needed to complete an eye look.  My usual eyeshadow ritual generally includes matte shades in the crease and on the brow bone, with the shimmer shadows on the lid only.  I like the contrast of textures this method provides, as well as the way mattes provide depth that shimmer can't quite.  That being said, I only reached for one shadow outside of this palette today, and that was the brow bone highlight and I survived without the matte crease colors.  I like this for an everyday, work day type of eye.  How do you all feel about matte vs. frosty shades?

Face
Revlon Colorstay Whipped- Buff and Nude mixed
NYX Taupe powder blush to contour
WnW Pearlescent Pink Blush on cheeks
Lorac Perfectly Lit Luminizer in Radiant on cheek bones
Rimmel Kate Lipstick #14
NYX Brow Powder Duo- blonde on brows

Eyes
Coastal Scents Shadow Worx to prime lids
WnW Comfort Zone all shades from the left side of palette (or the bottom row the way it is pictured below)
NYX Highlight on brow bone
Physician's Formula liquid liner pen in black on upper lash line
Maybelline Gel liner- Black on waterline
Cover Girl LashBlast Volume mascara








 No Flash:



Thanks for looking!!

1 comment: