This was yesterday's LOTD. I purchased the entire sample set of Aromaleigh's Retro Hi Fi matte collection a while ago; I knew I would love them as I am always in search of matte shadows in exciting colors. I like to combine textures and finishes in my looks, and usually reach for a matte or satin shade for the crease/outer V area. This collection makes me so happy because the colors are vibrant, matte, nicely pigmented and from the ones I've swatched so far- not chalky at all. Today I used Whats Shakin' in my crease and fell in love with the cool, midtoned purple shade.
The pics don't do a great job of relaying the colors, they were a bit deeper and more vibrant IRL. Darn flash!!
Here is what I did:
- Applied UDPP and a very scant and even layer of NYX Jumbo Pencil in milk from lashes to brow, with a slightly heavier application to the tear duct area
- Using a MAC 217 brush, applied Aromaleigh Whats Shakin' to my crease. I applied from the outer corner in to ensure that the heaviest depositing of color was on the outer edge of my eye. I blended this at the upper edges.
- Using a Sonia Kashuk small shader brush, I applied Aromaleigh Fan Club all over the lid up to the crease blending it into the Whats Shakin'
- Using a pointed crease brush from Coastal scents (like the MAC 226), I applied Aromaleigh London Dungeon to the Outer V and brought it slightly into the crease
- Picked up that 217 brush and blended the London Dungeon out using whatever Whats Shakin was left on the brush
- Using the same Sonia Kashuk brush, I picked up a tiny but of Aromaleigh Peony and blended it into the outer edges of my lid and dragged it inward into the Fan club
- Lined the lower lashline with a smudger brush and some London Dungeon
- Using the same shader brush, wiped clean, applied Aromaleigh Moon to the tear duct area, dragging it slightly into the inner crease and lower lashline colors
- Lined with Ben Nye Cake Liner, applied mascara... Done!
Face- I used Revlon Photo Ready foundation and pressed powder. On my cheeks is Aromaleigh Pomegranate applied very lightly. Lips are MAC Slimshine in Long Stem Rose
What's Shakin'- Cool toned purple, one tulle prom dress at a time.
Fan Club- Perfect high lustre pink with opalescent blue violet sheen.
London Dungeon- michievous purple glimmer reflects the depth of black. sealant/base recommended.
Peony- the Pure Hue collection is discontinued but this is a deep magenta
Moon- also disc., this is a high shimmer pure white
Thanks for looking!!